It has been a very busy and productive 4th quarter here at Stone Pine, and we thought we would update you on our latest news and events.
- We just finished teaching our Fall classes at Main Line School Night and Hatboro-Horsham Night School. This is our 3rd year teaching at both schools, and we continue to enjoy educating the public on important topics regarding the transition to retirement, Social Security and income replacement in retirement.
- Earlier in November, we moved into our new office space at 208 W. Front St in Media. We’re excited about our new space and look forward to hosting you here in the future.
- We recently hired a consultant to advise us on all aspects of our technology offerings and how to best integrate these systems. Technology in our industry is changing at a rapid pace, and we believe it is critical to stay on the cutting edge so we can deliver the best solutions and experiences to you.
- We have been testing new financial planning software over the past few months to provide a more seamless experience for you. We are excited about the functionality and ease of use, which includes the ability to aggregate assets in one place, see a complete picture of your current financial situation and future projections while maintaining a secure client website that you can access at all times. We will continue to roll out this program in 2018 and will reach out individually with more details.
- We have contracted with Flat Five Media and are in the final stages of redesigning our website that will go live at the end of this year. Keep a look out for a new video of us telling the story of how we started Stone Pine!
- Earlier this month, we attended a conference hosted by the Dimensional Funds in Austin, TX. In one of the sessions, we received briefings from one of the Directors of Tax Policy for the US Government regarding likely changes and implications of new tax policies expected to be passed in early 2018. We are following these developments closely so we can be prepared to make adjustments in advice and strategy when prudent.
- On October 26th, we hosted a Client Appreciation Event, “Spain vs. Italy,” at Cerdo Restaurant in Conshohocken. We always look forward to hosting these events and bringing people together for a fun and unique evening. We are already brainstorming some fun ideas for next year and are always open for suggestions.
Appropriately, the day before Thanksgiving, we would like to give our sincere thanks to all of you for your trust, support and confidence. We feel quite lucky to be able to partner with you on your journey toward the future. We have lots of ideas and initiatives in store for 2018, and we always welcome your thoughts and feedback.